UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 18th Aug 2012, 8:42 am   #1
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Default Chrome Knob Brights.

I have been told that particular type of dress button use chrome brights. These buttons are on sale in York and I expect other button shops around the country, or so I am told. Please report back with any findings.

John.
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 9:08 pm   #2
Colourstar
Octode

Default Re: Chrome Knob Brights.

That's an interesting idea. There's a sewing/wool/button type of shop in my home town of Ilkeston, so I'll make enquiries.

It seems that Multimix Music, the only other supplier of knob brights I know of, are no longer trading. Emailed enquiries have met with a deafening silence. Presumably they didn't make the brights themselves but had sourced a supply which they sold on.

There must be a fairly steady demand for these things as they are always missing from old equipment.

Steve
Old 6th Sep 2012, 9:51 pm   #3
Ben_Dijkman
Pentode

Talking Re: Chrome Knob Brights.

We can also make these parts.

One problem is, that for just 1 or 2 plates the price can't be 'small'.

The other problem is that radio collectors prefer to work singularly. Stick together and collect the needs for the plates to realise one big order to realise a nice price is simply not done. The work, the time you need for the email, the posting, the financial investments, tools etc. No wonder no-one can/wants to deliver these plates anymore.

In the early days we worked together as collectors to realise projects like this and what we wanted became realised for nice price. Oh happy days.
Closed Thread