UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Feb 2020, 7:29 pm   #1
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Braidio 32

Yesterday I staggered home with 3 valve radios. And amazingly I don't have service information (exactly) for any of them. I'll mention 2 of them in passing :

Vidor CN435Z : One of those 4-valve battery portables with a frame aerial in the lid. DK96, etc valves. I have the R&TVS books that cover it, it's similar to a CN434 with minor circuit changes and it's built on a PCB (not a hardwired chassis).

Ekco U319A : I am not sure how this differs from the U319 (if at all). I have service information on the latter and suspect it will be enough.

So on to the real 'unknown' set. A Braidio 32. 5 octal valves, I could read ECH35, EF39 and EBC31 on 3 of them. The other 2 (larger clear glass envelopes) are I assume the output valve, possibly an EL33 and rectifier (AZ31?). I read that it may have been made by Ekco, but it doesn't seem to match up with any normal Ekco chassis.

There are some horrible-looking cardboard cased cuboidal electrolytic capacitors under the chassis. Those will certainly need replacement.

Before I resign myself to tracing out the circuit, etc, does anyone have any information on it.
Old 28th Feb 2020, 7:43 pm   #2
Cobaltblue

Default Re: Braidio 32

Not Much help I know

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/rentert_braidio_32.html

Most Briradio sets look Quite EKCO like but this one not so much more like Pilot even?

Cheers

Mike T
Old 1st Mar 2020, 7:49 pm   #3
Silicon
Nonode

Externally it looks a bit like a Radio Rentals model 58 and may have the same chassis.

The rear is similar to the Radio Rentals model 56.
Old 1st Mar 2020, 7:58 pm   #4
Silicon
Nonode

The bakelite case is very similar to the Radio Rentals model 59.
Old 2nd Mar 2020, 5:58 am   #5
TonyDuell
Dekatron

I think it's close but not identical to those Radio Rentals sets. Possibly the circuits are similar enough that the service data on the DVD will be a help.
Closed Thread