UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Oct 2008, 1:15 am   #21
Septimus
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Williamson amplifier

Thank you very much for this.
Paul

Last edited by Brian R Pateman; 28th Oct 2008 at 6:31 am. Reason: Unnecessary quote deleted.
Old 9th Dec 2008, 10:11 pm   #22
graham Saunders
Retired Dormant Member

Im beginning to like the old Rogers amplifiers. I have a PX4 push pull with Partridge transformers which I have just rebuilt all new valves. It is supprisingly good. Next I would like a PX25 based amp same transformers might this also be a Rogers? Any one interested in the PX4 I will do the photo bit, its teh sound that is so good must be 15w redid the bass attenuator now there is a more genereous bass response R50s of course. Graham saunders
Old 11th Dec 2008, 6:46 pm   #23
graham Saunders
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermanx2001 View Post
Just in case anyone is interested here are some pictures of a Willamson that was made in the Rogers factory, in the early days, probably by my uncle. It has had a very hard long life and was run about two years ago, still sounds more than excellent. Excuse the poor photos and vintage dust.

There is a pre amp that goes with this, I will have to take some photos if anyone wants to se it.
Hi,

You know how things just stick in your mind for days, well if you want to part with this and the preamp please contact me at. I have a Rogers px4 amp with Partridge transformers which I have just rebuilt and it is good.

Yours would no doubt be even better, many thanks, would like to see preamp pictures if possible.

Graham Saunders

Last edited by Brian R Pateman; 11th Dec 2008 at 7:33 pm. Reason: E-mail address removed to comply with forum rules - use Personal Message system.
Old 21st Jan 2009, 2:11 am   #24
Septimus
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave walsh View Post
Septimus, this is even before my time but for strict authenticity, you probaly need a 10" 15 ohm Wharfedale Speaker in a sand filled corner enclosure. Probaly a GA Briggs [Yorkshire] type design. [Possibly built in brick].
One 1960's Practical Wireless cabinet used poured concrete panels!
This is all pre "book shelf" reproducers or active units, of course.
A BBC Transmission Speaker [or equivalent] might be an alternative.
Seems to be a lot of info on the net. Dave W
It seems I have acquired a A&R 12 inch coaxial speaker (made in the UK, date unknown) c/w crossover. No enclosure.
This will be used with my Williamson amp.
The idea of using concrete or brick to build an enclosure certainly appeals to me but I think I'd like to start with wood. Anyone have pictures or ideas for such an enclosure out of wood?
Input would be appreciated.
Old 21st Jan 2009, 8:52 pm   #25
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Septimus, try googling for speaker enclosures and you should finf details of some of the 50's designs for home constructors. Many of the speaker manufacturers produced cabinet designs to go with their speakers.

Ed
Closed Thread