UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Sep 2008, 10:42 am   #21
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: BVWS Special Auction 28th September 2008

I was staggered at the price the morse key sold for. I picked it up to show it, expecting it to go for a few tens of pounds at best (I know nothing about morse keys but they don't usually fetch much), and was amazed as the price just kept rising.

The only thing I bid for was that Ekco U199A when the starting price got down to £5 because it was too good to go for a pound or two. I had looked at it with Howard before though so when I saw it was him that bid £8 I didn't bother to go any higher. It was in nice original condition, as were any of the lots, but was much more recent than most of them.

When we were discussing the auction after it was all over we commented on how well it had gone and how few problems there had been. Mike hadn't had to keep asking for quiet, people generally didn't grumble about things very much, us porters had no problems with people getting in our way, and everyone removed their items with nothing left over and nothing missing. So thanks are due to everyone who attended and helped allow the day to go so smoothly.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 8:10 pm   #22
ianj
Heptode

Default Re: BVWS Special Auction 28th September 2008

Howard, that Pilot set is handsome! ianj
Closed Thread