UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Jun 2006, 3:00 pm   #1
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default John Logie Baird

Thanks for the info Paul . I will try out the new section by commenting how surprised I've been not to see more response to the anniversary of the death of John Logie Baird [which has Just passed] here in Bexhill. By this I mean both nationally and within the technical community as represented by all the various clubs etc. Admittedly I did not lobby any TV Societies directly but I think I posted a few comments on the Vintage TV forum here. The response in Bexhill itself where the building with a blue plaque has been under threat of demolition has been minimal. Any more views on this. I would like to suggest that some issues might be of interest to members of all the sort of groups listed by Paul and that as such this new section could be usefull as a way of talking to everyone who might have a potential interest in a broader topic. If I am "off message" with this comment however I will desist immediately with good grace and apologies.
Thanks for your restoration work Paul. we can see that you have been burning the midnight oil.

Dave W
Closed Thread