UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Feb 2020, 8:55 pm   #1
Megatron
Pentode

Default 1950s/60s Output transformer identification

Can anyone identify the output transformer on the top right of this chassis? i came across this for sale and it reminded me that....
I bought one similar on a scrap chassis years ago when NVCF was at NEC, then 2 years ago was fortuate enough to find another at NVCF so have a pair.
They both test identically for turns ratio.
I then saw one on an auction site with some instructions that the seller was going to scan for me but never did. it was described as a universal OP transformer and was I am sure either parmeko or partridge.

Theyre quite distinctive looking, have 4 secondary windings, push pull primary, with UL. , but also airgapped core and tappings that suggest for PP or SE use.

would be good to find a data sheet. or any information on manufacturer or specs. in paticular if they can be used single ended.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	199469  
Old 5th May 2020, 8:30 pm   #2
Megatron
Pentode

Default Re: 1950s/60s Output transformer identification

Bumping. Someone must have seen one of these before.
Old 5th May 2020, 8:48 pm   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Crop of original pic...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Transformer.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	204983  
Old 5th May 2020, 8:51 pm   #4
toshiba tony
Heptode

That looks a right beast, I never got further than building a Mullard510 And revalving PA gear in the 80s, but how many stages has that one got. The rectifier and the output bottles are obvious but what was the valve line up in the earlier stages?
Old 5th May 2020, 9:00 pm   #5
Megatron
Pentode

I dont know anything about the amp in the picture, as I say it was for sale and I recognised the transformer as the same as my pair.

Looks like a stereo amp with mismatched output transformers? or may have been dual mono with one channel for top and one for bottom?
Tetrode output stage with Gas regulated screen supply?
maybe a leak copy?

what do we think the valve line up is? i thought 6F6 or 6V6 outputs 5u4 rectifier acouple of S130s in series for screen supply regulation at 260V
then maybe 3 double triodes, one shared between channels as first stage & phase splitter then one each for drivers for output stage.
cant think of a small ST shape double triode though? ECC32/35 maybe ?

Last edited by Megatron; 5th May 2020 at 9:07 pm.
Closed Thread