UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 9th Feb 2012, 6:55 pm   #21
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: Contact for Vision Aids

We have merged the last two posts with the previous thread to keep it all together.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 30th Sep 2012, 7:08 pm   #22
Sanbeta
Hexode

Post Visionaids?

Hi fellow technophobes/restorers.

Can anyone here enlighten me as to whether the usually reliable Visionaids have ceased trading?
If so it would have been nice to have them inform you of this.
The last four queries and orders I sent them were answered,'we will get back to you'.But so far after many months have not.

Who will that leave for parts availability. Just CHS?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin
Old 30th Sep 2012, 7:31 pm   #23
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Visionaids?

You could try asking the chap who runs SatCure as he mentions VisionAids on this page: http://www.satcure.co.uk/team.htm
Old 18th Oct 2012, 7:20 pm   #24
Sanbeta
Hexode

Thumbs up Re: Visionaids?

Hi guys.
As a follow up to this query.
Visionaids ARE STILL trading.
I made a request for 3 X pinch rollers and I received conformation today they have them in stock and will be sending them out today.
I think they have been not sending replies out to unavailable items.

Kevin
Old 18th Oct 2012, 8:58 pm   #25
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Visionaids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanbeta View Post
I think they have been not sending replies out to unavailable items
If that's true, they're creating a lot of bad publicity for themselves, which could all have been avoided with a standard "sorry, that item's no longer available" e-mail.
Old 23rd Oct 2012, 1:40 pm   #26
Sanbeta
Hexode

Thumbs up Re: Visionaids?

I agree with you. It takes all the guessing and frustration out of the equation.

Kevin
Old 13th Dec 2012, 10:26 am   #27
SatCure
Retired Dormant Member

Firstly, I'd like to thank Andy for bringing this discussion to my attention. My relationship with Vision Aids is as follows: I run my own little mail order company and I use Vision Aids to fulfil the orders. As such, I have no direct connection with Vision Aids but I've had a close personal relationship since around 2000.

Some history:
Vision Aids was originally "Teleparts" and ran its sales counter from an old chapel building in Wolverhampton. As the TV repair trade died, the Mahn family running "Teleparts" retrenched to an outbuilding at their home near Telford to reduce overheads. Staff were laid off at this time and the name changed to "Vision Aids" shortly afterwards, I believe. ( I don't know why. I thought it was a stupid move because "Teleparts" was well known and respected.)

At around this time my satellite TV mail order business was booming; it was more than I could handle and I contacted the Mahns to see if they could handle the orders for me. I would act as a "consultant" in return for a percentage of profits. A fortnight later the deal was done without any formalities, purely on a "gentleman's agreement" because I know them and trust them.

In 2009 my wife and I moved to Crete. She in retirement, because of back problems, but I would carry on working as usual. We made sure the house had a good broadband connection.

In 2010 the recession hit most businesses. Vision Aids was reduced to just Nicola and Sylvia, with Sophie, Sue and John helping out occasionally to cover holidays. In addition, Nicola had a baby last year, which meant she was not able to work a full 8 hours a day but kept popping in to answer enquiries. Since Sylvia can't cope with orders and phone at the same time (interruptions lead to mistakes) the phone is almost permanently on answerphone.

A continual problem they have is in forgetting to tell customers the order status. As I'm effectively just a customer, I can't really tell them what to do about this but it's affecting my side of the business as well as Vision Aids. All I can suggest is that, if you don't receive your order after, say, 3 days, you contact Nicola via the email form. Normally she replies within a day. If she doesn't, it's because
1. Your email address is incorrect or trashing her replies
2. She is awaiting a reply from a supplier
3. She's forgotten/overlooked it

Please try again. If you still get no response, please feel free to contact ME with your name, order number and date of order and I'll forward those details to her and urge her to reply immediately.

I think you should be able to email me from this forum (see my profile). Otherwise email me via my web site OR you can phone me. My number is on my web site. I'm not publishing my email address or phone number here (and I would ask you NOT to) because
1. it attracts spam and
2. I change my email and number at least once a year to minimise spam.

Minimising spam in my inbox, and marketing calls, leaves me with more time to deal with genuine customers.

Finally, I'd like to thank you all for your support in these difficult times.

Martin Pickering
Old 13th Dec 2012, 11:12 am   #28
SatCure
Retired Dormant Member

I forgot to add that your credit card is not usually debited until your order (or part of it) is ready for shipping. If a part order is sent, you'll be debited only for the parts that are sent.

So, if your card has been debited, your order is on its way. Otherwise it isn't.
Old 13th Dec 2012, 5:59 pm   #29
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatCure View Post
My number is on my web site. I'm not publishing my email address or phone number here (and I would ask you NOT to) ...

Martin Pickering
We don't allow either of these to be published so rest easy.

Good to see you on here, Martin.
Old 13th Dec 2012, 9:03 pm   #30
SatCure
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks, Mike.
Closed Thread