UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 7th Jun 2019, 3:22 pm   #1
WillingtoLearn
Triode

Default Leak Troughline needs alignment and/or service

My two Leak Troughlines (Mono) were overhauled by myself a couple of years ago the other works fine but this one doesn't work above 102 MHz. The other Troughline's magic eye closes up more using the same aerial and gives better station selection. Both have had resistors, caps and valves renewed. I was very careful to not remove or touch certain components as members on here advised to leave certain items well alone. This may not be an alignment problem if the symptom suggests another fault - I do not know.
Information for Servicing:
The connectors on the back are one 75ohm BNC for the aerial and 2 x 50ohm BNC for the audio out. (At the time I had a BNC not F-Type for the aerial and I generally prefer BNC to phonos for audio leads.)
The aerial can also be alternatively attached by the normal existing screw terminals.
Electrical earth has been connected and the power cord is now 3 cores.
A fusible on/off switch has been incorporated in the place of the fuse holder because the defunct on/off volume pot has been bypassed.
No attempt has been made by myself to re-align this as I do not have the equipment.
I live near Salisbury and would be happy to send the Tuner by carrier for calibration.
If this is successfully sorted I would probably want the other one looked over.
WillingtoLearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2019, 4:57 pm   #2
John_BS
Octode

Default Re: Leak Troughline needs alignment and/or service

PM sent.
John
John_BS is offline   Reply With Quote