UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Apr 2018, 7:21 pm   #1
Radio James
Retired Dormant Member

Default Tuning Capacitors

I have a collection of tuning capacitors (see photo) and would appreciate any advice of whether they have any value and whether anyone wants them. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tuning_capacitors.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	161341  
Old 18th Apr 2018, 8:14 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Tuning Capacitors

They don't appear to have any great value. Most of us will have similar collections of variable caps scavenged from scrap sets. However, somebody may be glad of them if you offer them FOC in the appropriate forum section.
Old 18th Apr 2018, 8:26 pm   #3
ms660
Dekatron

There appears to be at least one SLF in there so far as I can make out.

Lawrence.
Old 19th Apr 2018, 1:29 pm   #4
G8HQP Dave
Rest in Peace

They probably don't have huge monetary value, but some of them may be useful to people building or repairing radios. Such capacitors are very expensive to buy new, even when available; modern technology does not use them. Don't dump them; offer them here or on ebay.
Old 19th Apr 2018, 7:14 pm   #5
Radio James
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks to all for the advice. I will offer them up on another section but if anyone would collect them from Fleet, Hampshire, I don't want any money for them.
Closed Thread