UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jan 2020, 4:57 pm   #1
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Uher 4000 Report Monitor Drive Belt Middle Pulley

Is the drive belt correctly fitted in respect to the middle white pulley or should it be fitted around the white pulley in a figure of 8 format ?

Depending upon tape speed selected the drive belt only appears to make minimal contact with both sides of the white pulley.

I think that the middle white pulley may not exist on earlier (pre Remote Monitor) 4000 units.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4000 Remote Monitor Drive Belt Middle Pulley.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	196715  
Old 8th Jan 2020, 6:45 pm   #2
barretter
Heptode

Default Re: Uher 4000 Report Monitor Drive Belt Middle Pulley

I have a later Report Monitor Mono (with the all-perspex lid) and it has the usual belt cleaner in that position. I don't think you could cross the belt as it would be in contact with the support for the speed-changing flywheel. So perhaps it's just a belt guide.
Old 8th Jan 2020, 6:51 pm   #3
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Figure 18 of the Service manual does not appear to show a figure of 8 configuration, but it also does not appear to show the middle pulley.
Old 8th Jan 2020, 6:54 pm   #4
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Yes thought it was very unlikely it could be crossed, just wanted to double check, I am checking all sorts due to ongoing noise problem on top speed. Yes I have read about the belt cleaner, this one does not have it.
Closed Thread