UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Nov 2010, 12:34 pm   #1
IanMTurner
Retired Dormant Member

Default Servicing Drake Receivers

Hi all

I am hoping that some kind soul on this forum can point me in the right direction!, I have two Drake R7a`s that are in very good condition but I would dearly like to have them serviced/restored, I can send them back over to the USA but as one can imagine when the shipping costs are added to the restoration costs it becomes very expensive, does anyone know of a company or individual based in the UK that would be able to carry out the required work?.

Kind regards

Ian
Old 2nd Nov 2010, 1:35 pm   #2
MichaelR
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Servicing Drake Receivers

There is a chap who advertises in the QRP magazine ( spratt) who I think could help you. I will look out his name for you to follow up.

Mike
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 9:00 am   #3
IanMTurner
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Mike

Many thanks, I will look forward to receiving the gentlemans name and hopefully he may be able to help me out.

Regards

Ian
Old 6th Nov 2010, 6:37 pm   #4
Racalfanatic
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Ian,
I can't see them being too challenging to service. I service all of my own gear with only modest test equipment.
Are yours faulty, or do they just need aligning?
Old 7th Nov 2010, 1:01 pm   #5
MichaelR
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Ian,

Please contact these people...... adur communications ....., if you google them you will get their UK site.

http://www.adurcomms.co.uk/

I have no connection with these people , I have never dealt with them personally but I do know they have a good reputation and worth a try.

Sorry for the delay .....work overtook me

Kind Regards
Mike

Last edited by Station X; 7th Nov 2010 at 1:12 pm. Reason: Link added
Closed Thread