UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Mar 2019, 4:10 pm   #1
Backtoreality
Hexode

Default Wearite Coil Information

I have collected a number of Wearite coils over the last few years for use in various PW and RC radio projects but information is fairly thin on the ground so I thought I'd try to improve the situation. I have attached a table in pdf and excel format with all of the PA, PHF and PO coils listed. The main inductances are those given in the data sheets but I've measured the secondary inductances and counted the number of turns on both primary and secondary coils when possible (my PA5 coil is covered with red wax stopping me seeing the secondary!).
I've done all the coils I have, but hoped that you all would be able to help me complete the table for those coils I don't have. (I also thought I'd try to put wire size information too but I haven't started that yet.)
I thought that when the table is complete it would be a useful source of info for members making their own coils?
Regards,
David
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wearite Coil Information.pdf (211.7 KB, 354 views)
File Type: xlsx Wearite Coil Information.xlsx (11.0 KB, 154 views)
Old 3rd Mar 2019, 9:41 am   #2
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Wearite Coil Information

Hi Folks, from memory I believe some of the PO range had one of the windings wound with resistance wire to give better control of osc voltage across the band.

Ed
Old 11th Mar 2019, 5:46 pm   #3
JonathanB
Retired Dormant Member

Hi, newb here...

Could someone please explain the difference between the Wearite PA1 and PHF1 - both show the same inductance. I am restoring an old copicat tape echo and am wondering if the PHF1 can be used in place of the PA1 in this application -
(It's in the tape record bias oscillator circuit, so not being used for an aerial anyway).

Cheers

Jon
Old 12th Mar 2019, 12:43 pm   #4
G8HQP Dave
Rest in Peace

The difference will be the coupling winding. The tuned circuit winding will be the same. One of those has an antenna coupling winding; the other has a pentode anode coupling winding.
Closed Thread