UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jan 2019, 6:36 pm   #201
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: E.A.R. DeLuxe record player.

Arghhhhh, sorry, after all these years in this business (or maybe an addled brain from scanning through 200 Posts) it is "those caps"....what a basic blunder!
After all this work, do test out those cartridge options to get the best result. They are easy to swap over in your 209 head - set the tone arm tracking to 5 grams. Years ago I knew the Son of the Founder of EAR, so have a genuine interest in all of their players.
Old 6th Jan 2019, 6:28 pm   #202
parlourtw73vs
Pentode

Default Re: E.A.R. DeLuxe record player.

Sorry to be a little late returning to this thread, I've had to do some work on my car. I've also spent a little time modifying the mounting bracket on the TC8M cartridge. I've done it in such a way as to not preclude its being installed in a player for which it was designed. I'm now about to carry out a listening test on all 3 cartridges. I think the best thing to do is to start a new thread concerned only with the performance of these cartridges so will do that as soon as I have something to report. It should be an interesting experiment.
Closed Thread