UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Jul 2011, 7:18 pm   #1
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Vintage radio museum in Feldkirch

Hi Gents, I recently discovered this little museum on a damp Sunday during my recent Austrian holiday.
It was presumably a radio/ TV repair business in the town of Feldkirch, just south of the Bodensee in the Voralberg province of Austria. It's in the centre of the old town, just below the castle.
There appeared to be a good selection of sets inside, but it is only open one day/ month.

The owner is Kal-Heinz Mallinger an Austrian radio amateur, he can be contacted at
Mallinger.Karl-Heinz@cable.vol.at.

I will hopefully call when he is open next year, anyone else in the area please conact him and report back.

Ed
Old 25th Jul 2011, 12:45 pm   #2
ekcobeach
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Vintage radio museum in Feldkirch

Hi Ed, I have spent many very happy holidays in the Voralberg over the years. Schruns and Tchagguns mostly. I believe the film "Hannibal Brooks" with Oliver Reed and Michael J Pollard was shot in that area. Great film and very scenic. In more recent years i have been going to Westendorf, a small village high in the Kitzbuhel alps. I didn't know about the radio shop in Feldkirch despite having visited there. I have not been on holiday for a couple of years due to health problems but hope to return to Austria one day. I'd recommend it to anyone. Regards,Colin.
Closed Thread