UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Jun 2017, 5:17 pm   #1
Adam182
Diode

Default Need some identification help....

Hi everyone, I received the keys to my house today (First Time Buyer) and it seems the previous owners late husband was into his old school radio tech judging from a small outhouse I was unable to get access to until today.

Just wondering if anyone on here would be willing to help me identify what some of the items might be, I could be wrong and it not be radio equipment at all and in that case I apologise for wasting everyones time.

I will gather some photos later today and upload in due course!

Thanks everyone, any feedback throughout is greatly appreciated.
Old 2nd Jun 2017, 5:27 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Need some identification help....

If there are lots of dials and knobs in evidence then it's very likely that people here would be interested. All sorts of odd stuff can turn up in sheds and outhouses like this.

If there are any boxes of components or valves, don't just throw them away. The value of such stuff varies a lot, but even if you have to give it away you'll make somebody happy and save a bit of history.

Just a reminder that you must quote a fixed price if selling items on this forum, though members will be happy to give you a fair estimate of value. The best prices for old electronic items are usually achieved by eBay sales.
Old 2nd Jun 2017, 8:17 pm   #3
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Need some identification help....

Hi Adam please be careful and do not plug anything in to try it. Best scenario is that there is a Bang and you get a fright, but you could have some valuable stuff that could be damaged and made worthless by application of power.

You could be at the start of a new hobby!

Look out for text books and magazines as these are also valued by the people of the forum.

Ed
Closed Thread