UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Aug 2018, 7:16 pm   #1
Karen Leach
Diode

Default 2 vintage Mitsubishi TVs: CP1427BM and larger similar

I'm no expert and these came from a relative's house, so bear with me please!

Two Mitsubishi colour TVs, one large and one small.

Large: woodgrain-effect TV, model number is on a sticker and mostly obliterated - it's CT____7BM.
Worked fine when last used some years ago. Measures 67 x 47cm.

Small: a 'portable' woodgrain-effect TV, model no CP1427BM. Measures 46x30cm. Worked fine when last used I am told (did not see this one working myself).

I don't know if these are worth anything at all but would like to avoid them going to the incinerator if possible. I would be very happy to donate any proceeds, however large or small, to Moseley Road Baths CIO, charity no 1176432. I understand this would require a cheque made payable to the CIO to be posted to me.

Let me know if they are any use to any of you.

Thanks

Karen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180812_180501[1].jpg
Views:	75
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	167449   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180812_180454[1].jpg
Views:	74
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	167450   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180812_180211[1].jpg
Views:	101
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	167451   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180812_180111[1].jpg
Views:	100
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	167452  
Old 13th Aug 2018, 6:48 am   #2
slidertogrid
Heptode

Default Re: 2 vintage Mitsubishi TVs: CP1427BM and larger similar

The larger set is a Blue Diamond. They were marvellous sets made in the early 1980's. ISTR early models had a Mitsubushi own brand PIL tube, later sets had a Mullard 30AX without the slightly blue tinted phosphor.

Apart from dry joints on the line driver transformer when they were getting old I cannot remember any faults at all. We had a fair few out on rent they just went on and on until the tube wore out.

The only downside was they were quite bulky deep and heavy. The cabinet went the full depth of the tube and the combination of thick chipboard and a mains transformer added to the weight.
Surely worth saving there can't be many left now!
Rich.
Old 15th Aug 2018, 9:20 am   #3
Karen Leach
Diode

Thanks for the info, Rich - good to know and so glad we didn't take them to the tip! The big one was a relative's thoroughly reliable TV for many years and is certainly heavy... And I've had a message that someone is interested so I am hopeful they will go to a good home. Will try to remember to post again when they have gone.
Old 18th Aug 2018, 9:52 am   #4
Karen Leach
Diode

Pleased to say these TVs have now gone to a new home and a donation made to Moseley Road Baths CIO. Thanks all for keeping lovely old things out of the incinerator!
Closed Thread