UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Aug 2006, 7:56 pm   #1
terry123
Pentode

Default History of recorded sound Harpenden 1st Oct

Hi Folks

I require some help in locating the following for the proposed display I am staging at the next Harpenden as part of the 30th anniversary of the Society.

1 - pye record maker (or any disk based recorder from the period IE: emidata recording machine)
2 - miniphon portable wire recorder
3 - early Phillips cassette recorder ideally the one featuring the red record push button
4 - Phillips DCC recorder
5 - DAT recorder
6 - any reel to reel based Dictaphones IE: Grundig from the 1950's 1960's
7 - Clarke and smith talking book (Tapette cartridge) I have a machine but no complete cartridges.
8 - An Ipod
9 - A MP3 player

How it will work................. If you can help with any of the above, they will only need to be bought along to the event for the day. I will need to know what you can bring in advance, that way I can arrange for the relevant Time line slot, captions and acknowledgment etc. There will be many rare working examples of early recording gear from my own collection on display. We are also hoping to bring along a working EMI BTR2 if it will go on the van.

Any help appreciated with the items above. They do not need to be working, just complete !

many thanks

Terry Martini
BVWS Committee Member
Old 30th Aug 2006, 8:21 pm   #2
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: History of recorded sound Harpenden 1st Oct

I have a couple of the early Philips cassette recorders you mentioned - the EL3300 with the round red plastic record button and the EL3302 with the retangular red topped metal record button. I won't be at Harpenden, but would be happy to post if you don't get a more practical offer.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 1st Sep 2006, 10:19 am   #3
sparkie
Retired Dormant Member

Terry

I've got a complete but not working (never did get round to it) Pye Record Maker, with plenty of discs in original covers etc. Can bring it along if you need it - I'll be there on the day anyway. Steve S
Old 1st Sep 2006, 2:44 pm   #4
murphymad
Heptode

Hi Terry,

I've got a Philips EL3302 complete with instruction book, original microphone and stand in good tidy condition.
I'll bring that along with me.
It will be rather dwarfed by the Decca Decola and that wierd Trevi thing with cartridge like record tape thingy's... That I will also have with me.

Mike...
Old 16th Sep 2006, 2:27 pm   #5
terry123
Pentode

Many thanks for your offers. I will be in touch with you all to confirm arrangements etc

regards

Terry Martini
Old 18th Sep 2006, 8:54 am   #6
sparkie
Retired Dormant Member

Terry - I mentioned to Mike and he said to bring as well - I have a small add-on Trevi/Tefifon deck which does work (after a fashion) and a cassette. Will need an amp to plug into (line level I would think) or a powered speaker if you have one? Steve
Closed Thread