UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 13th Aug 2010, 1:16 pm   #1
Vicboduk
Hexode

Default Transformers on Special Offer

If you're looking for transformers try here; http://www.vvttransformers.co.uk/index.htm as mentioned in this thread; https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=57498.(thanks Herald1360 )

This supplier currently has a BOGOF on all transformers! or cheapest one free. This could represent a considerable saving if looking for a couple of big TX's. Usual caveat, I have no connection and I have never used them myself - but I am about to.... The offer lasts until end of August 2010.

Last edited by Paul Stenning; 14th Aug 2010 at 10:47 am. Reason: Tidying thread
Old 13th Aug 2010, 7:06 pm   #2
g4aaw pete
Heptode

Default Re: Transformers on Special Offer

Interesting range of transformers there....................what a pity, no prices !!!
Thanks for mentioning them.
Old 13th Aug 2010, 7:49 pm   #3
Vicboduk
Hexode

Pete, prices are available go to 'Prices and Payments' then 'UK price list'

Vic

Last edited by Paul Stenning; 14th Aug 2010 at 10:47 am. Reason: Tidying
Old 14th Aug 2010, 4:47 pm   #4
brianc
Rest in Peace

I have bought transformers from this company and they are of very good quality (no connection to company etc., just a satisfied customer).
Old 14th Aug 2010, 5:15 pm   #5
GrimJosef
Dekatron

Does that include hi-fi output transformers Brian ? These are notoriously difficult to do really well and as a general rule the better they are the more time and trouble they need, which is inevitably expensive. VVT's prices are attractive so I'm wondering if they're "workmanlike" rather than "perfectionist" ? (PM me if you want to speak freely without risking upsetting anyone - I have no connection with VVT either but I'm looking, in the medium term, for an OPT supplier.)

Cheers,

GJ
Old 14th Aug 2010, 9:48 pm   #6
percival007
Heptode

I have no links with this company either apart from also being a satisfied customer.

I have recently purchased a Mains Transformer and two Output Transformers from this company and can verify that the Output Transformers to my ears are very nice indeed.

You're not too far away from me so if you like you could come for a listen you'd be more than welcome.
They are Single Ended Transformers being used with EL33's in a modified Mullard 3-3 circuit. They are actually for the ECL86 but i contacted VVT and was assured the Transformer they make for the ECL86 would work with an EL33 and now running as such i have to say they were right.

I also needed a slightly altered specification for my Mains TX (a beefed up 5V Recifier supply rather than one with a 6.3V tapping) and they did this for me at no extra cost so long as i purchased all three Transformers at one go.

I have to say they were most accomodating and very friendly.

I hope this info helps,

James.
Closed Thread