UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jan 2019, 4:16 pm   #1
Norman Raeburn
Hexode

Default Assorted tv valves

I have on offer some tv valves. I am getting rid of all my tv spares. These are all nos. Please study the pictures. These are available as individual lots, no hat first to ask gets them. Norman
Box 3 12 valves 25 inc uk delivery.
Box 2 80 valves 50 inc uk delivery.
Box 1 30 valves 25 inc uk delivery.

Yes I did get the pictures the wrong way around. I am sure you can all count!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010111.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	176276   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010112.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	176277   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010113.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	176278  
Old 12th Jan 2019, 9:34 pm   #2
Norman Raeburn
Hexode

Default Re: Assorted tv valves

Hi Folks, Are the prices of these valves over optimistic? I know when I was looking for valves years ago I would happily have paid these prices. Does everyone have all the valves they need or would I be better letting folk pick the ones they want. Please let me have your thoughts. All the best, Norman
Old 12th Jan 2019, 10:53 pm   #3
1100 man
Octode

Hi Norman,
The problem is it's not valves we need- it's line output transformers! Valves for '60's & ''70's Tv's are very reliable and rarely fail.

Looking through your pictures, especially the lot of 80, there are some very oddball types that are not used in many TV sets.

Prices are fine- even generous- it's just that we either have all we need of the common types or we have no use for the others!

Sorry about that!

All the best
Nick
Old 13th Jan 2019, 1:39 am   #4
Norman Raeburn
Hexode

Hi Nick, Thanks for your input. Whilst I agree with some of your comments about reliability of valves, they are fairly reliable in our hobby tv's which are run for a couple of hours every few months. I was the workshop manager/bench engineer for a local tv repair and rental shop and at the time we had about 2500 rental tv's. We used a lot of valves particularly PCL85 and PCL86, PL36, PY series and of course the colour tv valves of the period. I was at one point ordering about 200 valves a month. These sets being mainly rental sets would be run for many hours every day. I hope to move these valves on as it would be a shame to take them to the tip. I nee to seriously reduce the amount of stuff I have. Norman
Old 14th Jan 2019, 4:28 pm   #5
Norman Raeburn
Hexode

Hi Folks, As there has been no interest in these valves I will reduce the prices as follows. Box 1 (30 valves) now 15, Box 2 (80 valves) now 30 and Box 3 (12 valves) now 15. Many thanks for looking, Norman.
Old 15th Jan 2019, 10:50 pm   #6
Norman Raeburn
Hexode

Can one of the moderators please close this as there is no interest. Many thanks, Norman
Closed Thread