UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 13th Jan 2021, 10:35 pm   #1
John_BS
Octode

Default B&K 2235 sound-level meter instructions

I can't find any proper data on the web. Does anyone happen to have more information? I do have some data on the microphone (type 4175)
John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B&K_2235_front.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	224548   Click image for larger version

Name:	B&K_2235_controls.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	224549  
John_BS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jan 2021, 3:25 pm   #2
mark_in_manc
Octode

Default Re: B&K 2235 sound-level meter instructions

Hi John. I used to live in this world. What do you want to know about it? Could start a thread in test gear, if you want to discuss using it.
cheers
Mark
Old 14th Jan 2021, 3:36 pm   #3
John_BS
Octode

Mark:

I've just this minute received a scan of the user manual from B&K UK. So a big thankyou to them!
I have used an earlier version of this back in the 70's when I think there was an analogue meter / display? I'm hoping to use it to measure loudspeaker response, so will need to investigate the analogue outputs, which appear to be miniature jacks (smaller than conventional phone jacks). Happy to start a Test gear thread.

Thanks,

John
Old 14th Jan 2021, 4:19 pm   #4
mark_in_manc
Octode

There will be something called ‘ac out’ which will be the signal itself, and probably also a dc signal proportional to the reading in dB which you could use to drive a plotter. In the absence of a semi- or anechoic room, you could do worse than lying the speaker on its back outside and measuring a couple of meters up in the air. On a dry day! The quickest way would be to use a noise generator and take the ac out signal into an FFT analyser of some kind - even a soundcard and then sort it out in matlab. Does excel do fft yet?
Old 14th Jan 2021, 4:45 pm   #5
John_BS
Octode

Mark: yes, awaiting fine weather for outdoor experiments. :>)

I do have an HP FFT analyser (3561A) which is invaluable. Now to try to source the jack-plugs!

John
Old 15th Jan 2021, 7:04 am   #6
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Quote:
I've just this minute received a scan of the user manual from B&K UK. So a big thankyou to them!
They're really helpful arn't they, nice to see support for vintage test gear and nice to see a manufacturer of vintage test gear still around, most are long gone.

Have you had a look at REW John - http://www.roomeqwizard.com/ you should be able to use the calibrated mic in your 2235. What are the jacks? DIN type?

Andy.
Old 16th Jan 2021, 11:06 am   #7
John_BS
Octode

Andy: the output sockets appear to be 2.5mm, presumably single-pole.

John