UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Dec 2006, 5:11 pm   #1
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Sailor 16T Marine Communications Receiver

Resisted the temptation to title this "hello". Well it is panto season!
A friend rang today to say that she'd come across someone wanting info on the above set he owns and which she described as a particulary attractive green cased item. Found it on the net as designated [originally descibed as 66TS]. The guy said he'd bought it in Denmark which ties in. It's an SP [Simon Petersen] Company [founded Denmark 1948] radio circa 1962. 525-4MHz in 4 bands with 275-425KHz DF band. 9 transistors 9v [internal] PS or 12/24/36 ext.
Couple of sites with pictures-looks very nice. Quite rare apparently but it's not clear why. I just wondered if anyone on here has had a sighting or experience with one of these Marine Communications sets-maybe ex Merchant Navy Types? Dave
Old 16th Dec 2006, 9:17 pm   #2
Grix
Triode

Default Re: Sailor 16T Marine Communications Receiver

Hi Dave
I have got in my colection a 66T and 16T i got them from the local dump for £5.00 about a year ago.(they will not sell any electricl bits now just trash it all) and i got a R105 at a radio ralley for £30 this year,they are good radios.
regards rick
Old 16th Dec 2006, 9:47 pm   #3
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Thanks Rick. Do I take it that the 66 and the 16 look the same as the picture of the 16 looked very similar to the description of the 66 that I was given. the SP Company seems to be still going but I haven't found any web info on their radio range just a page on the 16T! I'm presuming that you haven't either. dave
Old 16th Dec 2006, 10:20 pm   #4
roffe
Hexode

http://www.rigpix.com/specialized/sailor_16t.htm
http://www.rigpix.com/specialized/sailor_46t.htm
Closed Thread