UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Jan 2019, 4:38 pm   #21
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: TRIO TS-510 QRP Mod

In most rigs, the ALC voltage just acts to turn down the drive.

If you worry about flashover, you can run light loaded and turn down the drive a bit. Lower drive reduces the anode voltage swing. Light tuning of the pi network tends to increase it. Together they can give you power and Ik reduction and even let the anode swing down a little.

David
Old 26th Jan 2019, 7:44 am   #22
hiro, JJ1FXF
Triode

Default Re: TRIO TS-510 QRP Mod

I added an extra registor of 12k (1.2k was my mistake) ohm and now the PA output is 80W which is almost the half of original output.

The PLATE voltage of S2001 is still 800V and the voltage of SG is also the same as 210V.

I will observe if some trouble may happen with this registor for a while.

If this doesn’t cause any problem on PA of my TS-510, I will replace the 12k ohm registor to maybe 20k ohm one. So maybe I will have about 50W of PA output which is good for my handmade balan.