UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Mar 2012, 10:12 pm   #1
ITAM805
Nonode

Default uploading schematics

I've tried to upload a couple of readable sized schematics as Gifs and/or mono bitmaps, both under the 200k forum limit, but they always get downsized to an unreadable 50k or so. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Old 23rd Mar 2012, 11:24 pm   #2
Red to black
Nonode

Default Re: uploading schematics

You can send them as Zip files ( you need to zip them), or as I do, if you can create a Pdf. to get around the forum resizing software.

I hope this helps.
Old 23rd Mar 2012, 11:40 pm   #3
Robert Darwent
Heptode

Image files have to be no greater than 200 kB AND not exceed 800 x 600 pixels (width x height) otherwise the forum software resizes them.

As already suggested, the easiest solution is to post them zipped or as a pdf if they exceed any of the limits.

Regards

Robert G0UHF
www.wavesintheair.co.uk
Old 24th Mar 2012, 10:30 am   #4
ITAM805
Nonode

Thanks Baz and Robert, it's the layout size that tripped me up. The cd pages are in PDF format, but although my software, Foxit reader allows me to copy single pages it doesn't let me save them as PDF's!
Old 24th Mar 2012, 10:55 am   #5
julie_m
Dekatron

Can't you just select "PDF file" as your default printer, and "print" out just the pages you want from the PDF viewer, giving you a PDF with only the wanted pages in it?

That's how it's done in Linux, anyway.
Old 24th Mar 2012, 1:21 pm   #6
Robert Darwent
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITAM805 View Post
...Foxit reader allows me to copy single pages it doesn't let me save them as PDF's!
If you just wish to post single pdf pages that have been copied as an image format (jpg, gif, etc) to the forum, there is no need to convert them back into pdf's again to do so.

Just right click on your image file, then 'Send to' > 'Compressed (zipped) Folder' and upload the resulting zipped folder to your post. The directions are for Windows XP, other Windows versions should be basically the same.

Zip folders have a 1.91 MB limit on the forum and no constraints on the pixel size of the image which has been zipped inside.

Regards

Robert G0UHF
www.wavesintheair.co.uk
Old 28th Mar 2012, 12:58 pm   #7
ITAM805
Nonode

Thank AJS and Robert for the most useful tips.
Closed Thread