UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Sep 2019, 7:59 pm   #1
The Philpott
Dekatron

Default When an Avominor needle loses it's red disc.

At certain positions on the scale a Universal Avominor needle is almost invisible once it has thrown it's 'dot'- so it was a case of having a bash at attaching a new dot.

As far as i know the Model 1 pictured (400ohm/volt) always had a dot- but i am not so sure about the Model 2. (4,000ohm/volt)

On assessing the nose/tail balance i noticed the needle was nose-light to the extent that it sat at 4% of FSD (with the scaleplate zero line aligned horizontal.) Conveniently the self-adhesive vinyl black dot plus araldite applied underneath rectified the balance.

The dot is about 1.5mm across! (Trial placing relied on the tackiness of the adhesive backing, then i applied glue.)

The calibration of the magnet needed to be raised slightly- presumably to compensate for the dynamics of the new arrangement.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01413.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	190119   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01414.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	190120   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01415.JPG