UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd May 2019, 10:42 am   #1
Apaleytos1985
Retired Dormant Member

Default Mitsubishi CT-1425QTM

Hi,

I have a CRT Mitsubishi TV which I can't find anywhere in the Internet any sources what's so ever! Anything at all related to its origin, manufacture dates, nothing at all! It could be rare, discontinued shortly after its introduction or limited in production numbers?

Regards,

George
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:34 pm   #2
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Re: Mitsubishi CT-1425QTM

Most information is on and in your set, so studying it closely and taking pictures would be a good first step.
Old 22nd May 2019, 9:24 pm   #3
Apaleytos1985
Retired Dormant Member

I have upload some photos of the specific MITSUBISHI TV, this is all that it is written on the back. Further than that there isn't. As I said there is NOTHING on Internet which leads me to believe that there might be a rarity. I chalenge anyone who thinks otherwise!

I really wish someone to at least one individual to know just a year of when this particular model could have manufactured. Thanks!

George
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171024_212348.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	183667   Click image for larger version

Name:	27022010255.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	183668  

Last edited by Station X; 23rd May 2019 at 10:25 am. Reason: Post merged. Non-functioning links removed.
Old 23rd May 2019, 10:43 am   #4
simpsons
Octode

There must be a block on your Internet access. Giorgos Voudouris's has posted pictures on Pinterest and a guy on Reddit is looking for a remote control.

It does sound good though when the TV has the suffix QTM, make one think that there is more to it than just a box with a CRT. Wonder what QTM meant?

Chris
Old 23rd May 2019, 11:14 am   #5
Maarten
Dekatron

The serial number that should be elsewhere on the back could indicate any rarity and date coding on the various components (picture tube, transformers, semiconductors) will give the approximate build date. Without opening the set, details of the local controls will indicate a rough era.

I don't know Mitsubishi suffixes by heart, but they use them mostly to indicate the destination market. Often two letters. I suspect the M might me for multisystem, for example PAL/SECAM. This might be obvious if we have a look at the local controls or print at the front. There's so much information contained in the set itself.
Old 23rd May 2019, 11:22 am   #6
Studio263
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apaleytos1985 View Post
As I said there is NOTHING on Internet which leads me to believe that there might be a rarity. I chalenge anyone who thinks otherwise!
Challenge accepted. It's just an ordinary Japanese portable TV set, just like millions of others. It doesn't appear on the internet because no-one has taken the time to enter any details about it. The internet is a very limited information resource, it contains only the tiniest fraction of what is known and what is in the world. What you have discovered tells you more about the limitations of the internet than it does about your TV.

They would have made thousands and thousands of these sets. OK it was 30-odd years ago, but there will still be a quite a few left hanging around here and there. Have you written down the model number of everything in your house and logged it on some website somewhere? Of course not, nobody does. That's why you can't find it, not because its rare.
Old 24th May 2019, 4:42 pm   #7
Apaleytos1985
Retired Dormant Member

Well, of course I did! I sent to all available sites containing remote controls but no one has seen previously either the remote nor the TV set. Even though, no one spent time as you said to make some research or to upload similar photos my set already before I do, why in these different websites for vintage remote controls or vintage TV sets there isn't a single reference? It might easily be an ordinary set built in dozens but mine's without anyone else found in the internet could be the only surviving left...and we know what kind of junk waste old TV's can be so it could be nearly impossible to find anymore anything to either prove or disprove my theory.
Old 25th May 2019, 1:31 am   #8
Maarten
Dekatron

Well, I think it's safe to state that at a minimum, 10.000 examples were made as mass producing consumer electronics isn't really feasible otherwise (with some exceptions). As said, the serial number could be of help in determining how much were likely made.

That said, it is always a good thing to preserve some samples and document them! Especially if the series wasn't that big.

About the remote control, I have encountered it a few times before. It could very well be that it works on another Mitsubishi remote. Does it even have a remote? As I said, with such an unknown set, any and every clue is one. Pictures from the front and details, could help determining which remote system it uses.
Old 25th May 2019, 5:46 pm   #9
Richard_FM
Nonode

That's quite an impressive range of voltages it can handle!

I know Japan is 100v but can't think of anywhere with the power over 250v.
Old 25th May 2019, 7:15 pm   #10
Maarten
Dekatron

90-260V seems to me like 100V-10% to 240V+10% which is not entirely unreasonable for a multi-system set. Most European sets would have a nominal voltage range from 207-253V even though only 230V is mentioned on the back, while sets for the UK would take up to 264V, so it's not far off. When I think of it, could it be a multi-world set? Something like PAL/SECAM/NTSC and B/G/D/K/L/M? Maybe Apaleytos1985 could post more pictures?

This could also explain why the set isn't seen that much on the internet. I don't know of many TV collectors from the middle East that share their collections on the internet.

Based on other Mitsubishi models probably from the same era, a fitting remote could be the Classic IRC81041, but no guarantee. It remains hard to speculate on little information.

Last edited by Maarten; 25th May 2019 at 7:31 pm.
Old 25th May 2019, 10:04 pm   #11
Apaleytos1985
Retired Dormant Member

So there might be on the inside of the set more valuable information than displayed from the outside? Well the only hint I can recall from my father is that he bought the TV set in 1984. But that's not efficient enough for someone to claim that it could be also been manufactured on that same year! It could have been a model from the previous year or a stock model...

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...1&d=1558818489

This is the original remote control of Mitsubishi CT-1425QTM it has a slot at the front of the TV set in which it's inserted and exserted by a push! I guess there were many TV sets built in the 1980's having that hatch!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190524_130920.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	183851  
Old 26th May 2019, 2:07 am   #12
Maarten
Dekatron

Ah, nice find. Some other brands did that too with their remotes. It seems a really common, relatively simple model remote. Chances are that most Mitsubishi remotes of the era will be compatible.

There might be useful information on the inside, but we're not nearly done with the outside. There are texts on the front, buttons, there's a serial number on the back, etc. So many details that say something about the set. I don't remember without seeing how Mitsubishi serial numbers work, but it may give clues about both the number produced and the production date.
Closed Thread