UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 16th May 2022, 7:23 am   #1
eddfriz
Triode

Default Philips 4307 Reel to Reel repair/restore

Hi,
I have my mum's old Philips 4307 reel to reel machine that I would like to get repaired/restored if possible for her 70th birthday later this year. With the very little technical knowledge I have, I have replaced the belts and have got it so fast forward, rewind seem to work fine and it does play but at a slower speed than it should. The speakers work intermittently but with a lot of crackle.
If there is someone in the Nottingham/Newark area that would be able to take a look that would be great. If not, I would be happy to consider posting it further afield.

I can provide photos etc if required, just let me know.

Many thanks,

Ed
eddfriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2022, 10:57 am   #2
eddfriz
Triode

Default Re: Philips 4307 Reel to Reel repair/restore

So I've now manged to get it to play at the right speed (turns out I had the belt on the wrong pulley under the take up spool).

Just need the speaker element fixing now if anyone can help.
Old 16th May 2022, 8:41 pm   #3
agardiner
Heptode

Hopefully you get a response closer to you, but if not I would be pleased to repair this for you. I am based near Thetford, IP24.

Regards,
Adrian.
agardiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2022, 5:33 am   #4
eddfriz
Triode

Hi Adrian, thank you for your reply. I'll see if anyone closer gets in touch but if not, I'll drop you a PM to discuss.

Thanks again, Ed