UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 18th Apr 2022, 11:28 am   #1
clocktony
Diode

Default Sony ICF-SW77 Capacitor Replacement

I have recently acquired a Sony ICF-SW77 receiver and it (to me) displays symptoms of requiring that the capacitors require replacing. I do not want to bin the set as I believe that these things should be restored as far as possible to a good working condition. However I do not have the skills to do this so am asking - is there someone in the UK Vintage Radio community who would take this on for me, and if so what would be the approximate cost?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Tony Roper
clocktony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Apr 2022, 4:25 pm   #2
murphyv310
Dekatron

Default Re: Sony ICF-SW77 Capacitor Replacement

Hi.
When I worked for Sony in the 90s both the ICF-SW55 and 77 were frequent repairs even though they were a current model. Capacitor issues were common amongst other issues. The problem now is leakage and damage to the PCB.
I can certainly look at the set for you and let you know if it's a practical proposition to repair the set. If interested I'll give you my details by PM.
murphyv310 is offline   Reply With Quote