UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Jan 2016, 12:33 am   #21
joebog1
Banned

Default Re: When you're bored, build power-supplies.

Those plugs are a bit of a failure !!! I have used them, and when you try and pull them out of the socket, the clip on cover just falls off. The cover is some sort of soft plastic like PVC. Alright if you are the only person that uses the equipment, but if others have to plug/unplug them they will need instructing!!!!

Joe
Old 16th Jan 2016, 10:25 pm   #22
bikerhifinut
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Tanuki View Post
Thats the sort of octal plug I was thinking of - but I can't find the octal line-socket equivalents I remember from yesteryear.
Neutrik do a locking connector suitable for mains rated 250VAC, i think only 3 pole.
Also the "Speakon" connectors by neutrik are rated at 250V DC so I wonder if they would be rated high enough for you? 4 pole they are and I had a bit of success using them with an umbilical PSU cable, bearing in mind I was only feeding 250Vdc into a preamp.

Just a thought, I have some lying about which I could post to you as i have no need for them now.

A.
Old 16th Jan 2016, 11:11 pm   #23
Anthony Thomas
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebog1 View Post
I hear you Herald1360!!
BUT, today find me a decent octal plug with a SAFE cover!!
400 volts on the fingers of one hand causes burns and HUGE amounts of swearing.
To add to that find, me a decent line socket with SAFE cover!!.

with best regards
Joe
Birkett did have octal plugs a while back.

You could perhaps use these?
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/compac...ctors/2949503/

Last edited by Anthony Thomas; 16th Jan 2016 at 11:38 pm. Reason: added link.
Closed Thread