UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 25th May 2020, 9:25 am   #1
crackle
Dekatron

Default KB Vanguard VV20 dual standard

I am disposing of my KB Vanguard VV20 TV. It was a gift to me so if anyone wants it they can have it for free. There is also a UHF tuner in a box ready to fit into the TV.
As far as I know it has not been restored.
You can see the TV in question here in the radio Museum. https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/kolste...uard_vv20.html

Collection from Basildon only

Thanks
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KB Vanguard VV20 front.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	206713   Click image for larger version

Name:	KB Vanguard VV20 inside.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	206714  

My collection in the Radio Museum
Old 25th May 2020, 10:40 am   #2
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Re: KB Vanguard VV20 dual standard

Oooh Could I register my interest Mike?

Thanks
Sean
Old 25th May 2020, 11:24 am   #3
af024
Heptode

Hello Mike,

I'm so excited to see your VV20 on here as I've been looking for one for what seems to be an age. It's the set that I remember as a child. It did incredible service and even ended up with one of my grandmothers, followed by my brother's children well into the 80s. It was unceremoniously dumped (still working) without notice. I was absolutely gutted.

So yes, I'd certainly love the possibility of being considered for this, but goodness knows how it could be collected etc, given the current circumstances. It feels like some kind of law is at play.

Kind regards,

Andy
Old 25th May 2020, 12:30 pm   #4
slidertogrid
Octode

A lovely looking set! I have a soft spot for all of the KB hand wired chassis sets and have a fair few from the VC1 like this set albeit with a slightly different external appearance (which was also offered free on the forum).
Through to the deep scene VC53.
I did have one of the last dual standard sets with the 20" tube but I gave it away to someone who had one way back and loved it.
The later sets don't usually take a lot to get them going as they use Mullard "mustards". The earlier sets are full of waxies . The LOPT is very prone to fail on the primary if the set is run with leaky caps in the line stage. I found this out the hard way.. The primary got very hot, it then failed later on after the caps had been changed . I made a good lopt out of two which so far has been ok..
If the UHF tuner has valves in it I would be tempted to leave them in as if you remove them the valve holders may become intermittent. the spring clips seem to stretch a bit but are OK if left alone.
Old 26th May 2020, 9:16 pm   #5
crackle
Dekatron

Hi
This TV is going to Andy (af024) who says he has been looking for one of these for ages.
He has to arrange for a transport service to collect pack and move it to Ashby-de-la-Zouch.
Thanks to all those who showed an interest.
Mike

My collection in the Radio Museum
Closed Thread