UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Nov 2008, 8:51 pm   #1
Ken Wright
Retired Dormant Member

Default NordMende 8050 radio info needed

Can't get any response from Germany, so I'm trying you guys.
I have been looking for info on this receiver for 10 years, so any help you can give would be much appreciated. Most recently I have contacted a service in Germany, MANUALS-IN-PDF, They have a manual for a NordMende 8050 SCP. I don't know what the SCP means(any guesses?), but they keep closing my request for info without answering.
"I need a manuel for a 1957 NordMende 8050 AM BC + five SW bands and phono. There is no tag name after my 8050, just the one number on the front. It looks a lot like the Tannhauser Sterling/Carmen type sets, but seems to be a more expensive one. Tube comp. is: RF amp-EF85, osc-ECH81, IF-EF85, 2nd det. EBC41, phase splitter-ECC83, push pull EL84 output. If you don't have info on this set, do you have a schematic that is close to this set? I need allignment info. On the push button band assembly bottom there are 6 columns X 4 rows of alignment slugs and caps. I think these are OSC and RF amp tuning. On top there are 5 columns X two rows, one slug tuned and the other cap. I assume this is the antenna tuning. If you have any documents with alignment info laid out like this I believe I could use it, since most of these NordMend sets are designed pretty much alike. I think I have identified the ANT, RF and OSC sections for the six bands, but would like to know at what input RF frequencies the low and high coils and caps of each band are set. At this point I've given up on getting a manual on this particular receiver, so anything close to an AM 6 band receiver would do.
I know there must be info out there somewhere on this design, but being in the US it's difficult to get a toe hold. Thanks, Ken
Old 23rd Nov 2008, 9:20 pm   #2
ronbryan
Octode

Default Re: NordMende 8050 radio info needed

Ken

The NordMende 8050 SCP is a music centre, with silicon transistors and ICs, so is a much later product.

Ron
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NordMende 8050 SCP.pdf (93.9 KB, 183 views)
Old 23rd Nov 2008, 9:23 pm   #3
howard
Nonode

Hello Ken,

The Nordmende 8050 SCP is a transistorised "HiFi Stereo Kombination" or "music centre" with a turntable, cassette and AM/FM radio all in a single unit, built around 1977.

I can find no trace of a Nordmende model number 8050 nor any Nordmende radio with the valves you listed.

Post a small pic of the set here and I'll see if I can match that.

Howard
Old 25th Nov 2008, 6:29 pm   #4
Ken Wright
Retired Dormant Member

I kind of thought that might be the case. Thanks for the info. I'll try to get a pic to the forum if I can figure how to attach. I really don't think there is any info on this set to be had, so all I can hope for is a similar AM only set close to 1957 that has BC and SW bands. Thanks, Ken
Old 25th Nov 2008, 7:22 pm   #5
Brian R Pateman
Nonode

Hi Ken and welcome to the forum.

To attach an image, you need to click on the "Post Reply" button at the bottom of the posts rather than using the Quick Reply facility.

This gives you all the advanced facilities for enhancing your posts. Simply click on the paperclip icon and you'll be presented with the Manage Attachments window. from there on it's quite straightforward.

Regards,
Old 25th Nov 2008, 7:43 pm   #6
paulsherwin

I would suspect that this is an export set, and not originally intended for the US market. It would be very odd for a German manufacturer to sell a set of this quality in the US without FM coverage, and the RF amp stage suggests it was intended for serious shortwave listening. European makers sent export sets like these to Africa and Asia in large numbers in the 1950s.

Even some industrialized countries adopted FM very late - Australia didn't start regular FM broadcasting until 1976 - but both Germany and the US were early adopters (it started in Britain in 1955).

Paul
Closed Thread