UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Old 24th Feb 2024, 12:02 am   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Levell TM12 Transistor Tester

. . .I am hoping to receive an original Levell Instruction Book for their TM12 Transistor Tester in a few days, and I will upload the missing page 6 from this when I receive it!

. . .Like most of Levell's instruments, no Circuit Description or Parts List is provided in it and the maker's circuit–diagram is grotesque and impossible to follow, so this instrument will be written up in my T & M Theory and Repair Book with new & clearer diagrams!

Chris Williams
Old 24th Feb 2024, 8:25 pm   #2
Julesomega
Nonode

Default Re: Levell TM12 Transistor Tester

That will be useful! I hope you will upload it to the 'info required' thread.

It's good here
Julesomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2024, 9:23 pm   #3
Chris55000
Nonode

. . .My Levell TM12 arrived this morning and in unpacking it I found the seller had included the "electrojumble" printout and NOT an original Levell TM12 booklet so I'm still missing page 6 along with everyone else!

. . .However my project to create a circuit description, parts–list and a better diagram will still proceed as I now have an original unit to work from!

Chris Williams
Old 1st Mar 2024, 10:33 pm   #4
Chris55000
Nonode

. . .It's apparent that there's at least two pages missing from the Original Levell Booklet, Page 6 had the rest of paragraph (g) of Section 12, Setting Up the Preset Controls, a diagram showing the layout of the presets, and possibly a PCB layout diagram!

. . .I can reproduce (eventually – it won't be a quick job!) a PCB layout and a front–panel wiring diagram, but as to what the rest of paragraph (g) from Section 12 was can only be conjecture until someone else can come up with the missing pages!

. . .I counted seven presets on Levell's appalling diagram, so I presume there wasn't anything after Section 12, Paragraph (g)!

Chris Williams
Old 4th Mar 2024, 10:17 am   #5
vidjoman
Dekatron

I inherited one of these meters from an uncle and was sure I had a copy of the manual with it. Turns out, once I had found it, that it's also a copy with page 6 as a copy of page 3. It has a circuit diagram that is just about readable but has handwritten component values that are sometimes difficult to decipher. This has a front page, a spec page then pages numbered 1,2,3,4,5,(3) and a circuit. Hope someone can find the original. It has a look of being typed on an IBM Golfball or similar.
vidjoman is offline   Reply With Quote