UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Jan 2023, 12:33 pm   #41
ajgriff
Nonode

Default Re: Yamaha vintage CR-620 receiver - no sound but power and signal

Randomly replacing components really isn't the way to go with this. As you would obviously like to keep the receiver rather than return it you need to enlist the help of someone local like the 'valve man' mentioned earlier.

Alan
Old 28th Jan 2023, 5:58 pm   #42
RDWER123
Triode

Default Re: Yamaha vintage CR-620 receiver - no sound but power and signal

Yes, that's what I am going to do. I changed the all the fuses because I luckily got some for free from the local department store. Hasn't helped, but cost me nothing to try.

So I'll take it to my 'valves man' next week (along with a similarly knackered NAD amp and an LFD that needs a new knob...) and see what he says.

Thanks all anyway, really appreciate your comments and help. Wonderful forum, if I could contribute in some way to running costs I would gladly.

Regards
Closed Thread