UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Equipment Transport Requests and Arrangements

Notices

Equipment Transport Requests and Arrangements For discussions about the 'forum courier service' and other arrangements to get sets and parts from one forum member to another. For non-commercial transactions only.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Jan 2015, 3:35 pm   #1
dazzlevision
Nonode

Default Collection of music centre in Mablethorpe

Hello,

I have my eye on a Sanyo music centre (for parts to repair the same model I already have) that is located in/near Mablethorpe. It's on an auction site and it closes on 31st January.

When they are located some distance from me, I sometimes collect smaller (but heavy) items by train, as I enjoy some free rail travel. However, Mablethorpe is a long way from the nearest railway station and it is too far away for me to drive.

Is anyone located in that area who is close to a rail station (near their home) that is able to collect it for me (should I bid and win) and keep it until I can collect from them by train?

Of course, if you should be travel from that area to the Swindon (Wiltshire) area in the next few weeks, I could it collect from there.

Naturally, your reasonable costs would be met by me.

Many thanks,

Dazzlevision
Old 24th Jan 2015, 6:31 pm   #2
8 Tracker
Pentode

Default Re: Collection of music centre in Mablethorpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlevision View Post
However, Mablethorpe is a long way from the nearest railway station
Mablethorpe is a long way from anywhere

I reside here in sunny Mabo, as it's known locally. At the moment my mum is in Lincoln hospital so I am making at least one trip a week over there. I could possibly meet you at the station or elsewhere during one of my visits. As long as you didn't mind the unit being stored in the garage until we could meet as space is rather tight here (too much stuff, you know how it is). The garage is watertight, but unheated, so rather damp at this time of year.

Mark.
Old 24th Jan 2015, 6:47 pm   #3
dazzlevision
Nonode

Default Re: Collection of music centre in Mablethorpe

Hello Mark,

Thanks for posting.

You have a PM.

Regards,

Dazzlevision
Closed Thread