UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Mar 2013, 7:36 pm   #1
ukcol
Rest in Peace

Default BVWTV Museum Donation Idea

Many of you on this forum generously offer parts (and the like) to others either free of charge or at postage cost.

Why not in your post suggest the OPTION of making a small donation directly to the British Wireless and Television Museum at Dulwich. The museum is always looking for funds for the upkeep of the buildings and other costs and I'm sure many people would be happy to make a small donation in the above circumstances.

Making it optional removes any embarrassment associated with declining to donate and asking the donor to make the payment directly to the museum makes sure the donations end up in the right place.

As a registered friend of the museum I am interested in its continued survival but have no direct finacial interest in it.

Colin M
Old 17th Mar 2013, 7:44 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: BVWTV Museum Donation Idea

Good point, Colin.

What's the best way? Cheque, BACS, PayPal?

N.
Old 17th Mar 2013, 9:03 pm   #3
ukcol
Rest in Peace

Hi Nick

Someone closely associated with the BVWTV museum would be able to tell us which is the most convenient way for the museum. But I would think for one off donations any method would be OK. If this became a common activity the museum may want to set up a way we could donate taking advantage of gift aid as they do with friends of the museum. Perhaps they could set up a section for one off donations on their web site that we could provide a link to.

Colin M
Old 17th Mar 2013, 9:34 pm   #4
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Also a friend of, I find this an excellent idea.