UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Dec 2012, 11:40 am   #41
Stockden
Heptode

Default Re: BVWS Bulletin

Today's post has just been delivered and mine's a no-show too. Looks as though it's been eaten by the Christmas post monster!

Hugh
Old 24th Dec 2012, 5:12 pm   #42
geoff999
Rest in Peace

Bulletin and Calendar arrived safely. A quick peek confirms that both are full of interest. A Christmas treat in store!

Congratulations and thanks to editor and contributors.

Geoffrey M.
Old 27th Dec 2012, 3:27 pm   #43
kalee20
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_oldstuff View Post
Mine was waiting for me when I got home, envelope badly torn but all contents present and correct.
That applies to mine, too!

Bulletin, DVD, and calender all superb productions. Well done to all who made this happen.
Old 27th Dec 2012, 6:51 pm   #44
Boom
Retired Dormant Member

The packing on mine was torn to shreds but the book and DVD were fine. Very strange. Maybe Royal Mail are training a bulldog to attack post for some reason?
Old 27th Dec 2012, 10:42 pm   #45
Danny
Heptode

Turned up today in pristine condition. Not read or watched yet but made nice late Xmas present.

Danny

Last edited by Mike Phelan; 28th Dec 2012 at 10:13 am. Reason: Removed animal fodder.
Old 28th Dec 2012, 12:40 am   #46
AC/HL
Dekatron

Our door is UPVC with both an inner and outer flap. I suspect that wet envelopes have difficulty with this. Thin ones have to be folded to get them in.
Old 28th Dec 2012, 10:14 am   #47
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Mine arrived fine; enjoyed watching the DVD especially the spoof (but typical) service engineer.
Old 28th Dec 2012, 5:43 pm   #48
Keith_B
Tetrode

Hi
Mine arrived just before Christmas. Envelope was badly torn but all contents were there. Magazine was wet but has dried out fine. Just left some water marks on back cover.
Regards
Keith
Old 1st Jan 2013, 11:43 pm   #49
Rejectostat
Hexode

(For reference...) All complete, but like some others this year, envelope was totally ripped open. Seems to be an unusually high occurrence of envelope problems this mailing.
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 1:09 am   #50
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Yes it's something we need to take note of. I'll raise it at the next committee meeting.

Thankfully in most cases the contents survived unscathed. It seems that it was on the final delivery that most problems occurred, aided by the wet weather. Had the envelopes failed further back in the sorting process we would have had more damaged and incomplete contents.
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 11:28 pm   #51
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Mine arrived ripped open due to wet but complete. It has been a very bad year for soaking everything! The R.M. do their best but the postie must have a hell of a job keeping it all dry. He does his best. J.
Closed Thread