UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Oct 2010, 11:14 pm   #41
chokesrule
Triode

Default Re: should early 60s radios hum?

Hi, I think the problem may have something to do with the bass and volume controls. They are situated next to each other. I have just found that if I adjust the bass to minimum (least amount of bass) The volume control changes. You cannot turn the volume completely down, and lowest volume is at roughly the centre and the loudest volume is at the two extremes of the dial either side of centre. The highest volume being "turning the dial clockwise".Turn the bass to maximum and the volume behaves normally .Its too late to be messing with high voltage now, so will have a look tomorrow.
Closed Thread