UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2019, 8:42 pm   #61
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Default Re: NVCF Warwickshire Sunday 12th May

I thought there were a few items at rather optimistic prices. I enquire about the 2 hacker FM radios and didn’t buy either of them! Did anyone spot the sad remains of a Tefifon radiogram? That was particularly optimistic considering how much was missing and broken and I bought the same model from RWB in perfect working order for not a lot more! There were some rather interesting things on the B+B stall and bought a miniature colour telly/radio combo thing. I have lots more resistors to sort out now thanks to Neil. I liked the Brimar Morris minor van though it wasn’t for sale! Would be nice to take all the valve radios home in!

My vote is to keep it as it is for the present. I thought that there may have been less stalls than last year though I thought that it was a slightly different layout of the tables where the floor levels change. I think there were fewer people waiting in the que for the early entry than last year. Possibly some of the optimistic pricing may deter some people to go to the BVWS auctions?
Old 15th May 2019, 9:28 pm   #62
Sinewave
Octode

I'm still looking in awe at a vintage Pye Thermocouple test set which I bought at the bring and buy stall. It's huge and in a lovely wooden enclosure.
Old 15th May 2019, 9:51 pm   #63
Andrewausfa
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by high_vacuum_house View Post
Did anyone spot the sad remains of a Tefifon radiogram?
Yes but it had to be explained to me what it actually was! Don't tell anyone but....I thought it was a big German set with a reel to reel inside where a record player would normally go.

Andrew
Old 15th May 2019, 10:27 pm   #64
Oldcodger
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moll View Post
Thanks for the link. Looking at the route, I can't see how it would impact uopn my journey, but motorway roadworks may be another matter. There are, however, always "smart" motorway roadworks somewhere along the M6, so I'm used to them. In the forty-odd years that I've been driving up and down the M6, I can remember only one journey totally free of roadworks!

I am familiar with the M42/M40 route through Leamington Spa - and used to go that way before I discovered the other route.
Dave -I only mentioned it as J3-2 has been a nightmare over the past few months. My Grand daughter lives on the J2 side of Coventry ,with me on the j3 side. Occasionally due to medical problems she has hospital appointments and needs a baby sitter for great great grand daughter. I've learned routes that avoid J2-J3. But i also know he back roads round L/spa as I used to do contract work in and around L/spa, and my daughter was posted to an army base near Long Marston .So as you're from Cumbria- I thought you'd appreciat any local knowledge.
Old 16th May 2019, 8:26 am   #65
Dave Moll
Dekatron

As it happened, presumably because it was a Sunday, the only hold-ups caused by the roadworks between J2 and J3, and the similar ones between J13 and J15, were the 50MPH speed limits. I can imagine, however, that at busier times it can get pretty snarled up. I do appreciate the sharing of local knowledge, if when I choose not to use it owing to my ability to get lost when following unfamiliar routes.
Old 16th May 2019, 10:27 am   #66
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by high_vacuum_house View Post
My vote is to keep it as it is for the present. I thought that there may have been less stalls than last year though I thought that it was a slightly different layout of the tables where the floor levels change.
The BVWS committee will review the event and especially the accounts at our next committee meeting (early August), as we always do at the first one after the NVCF. Any proposed changes will be discussed and agreed then, so they can be implemented next year. Ideas will already have been considered and discussed with relevant parties before then.

As I understand it there was one less double-row of stalls, which were the ones along either side of the level change barrier. The rest were spread out more, which did make the aisles wider.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 17th May 2019, 10:00 am   #67
mark2collection
Hexode

A bit late in the thread, but we had an enjoyable day & thanks to the team on the Bring & Buy, we came away with less than we arrived with!

A very nice Philips Philetta 254 was purchased by me, along with a couple of little tins full of gramophone needles plus, a 2-pin mains connector.

Just need to part with some tellies & VCR's now

Mark
Old 18th May 2019, 3:10 pm   #68
Pamphonica
Nonode

An excellent show all round with a good crowd, even if there were slightly fewer stalls. And a wide range of offerings from the stalls.

The Bring & Buy did a brisk trade, with a record number of commission sales and many very generous donations. The Dulwich Wireless Museum will be better off to the tune of £1200 as a result.

Thank you all for your generosity and support.

-Jeremy
Old 19th May 2019, 9:12 pm   #69
winston_1
Hexode

I came away from the show with two TVs. A Sony KV-1320UB Mk2, a set that has been on my "nice to have list" for a while. The cabinet is in good clean condition and the set gives good, if slightly soft, pictures. I guess the tube is a bit down after nearly 50 years. Some of the control pots are a bit noisy.
The other set is a Nippon FS-714. This is a hand held set similar, though slightly bigger, to the well known Sinclair. It is triple standard, UK, Europe, and US and works well on all three. It also has an FM, AM, and SW radio built in.
Closed Thread