UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Feb 2008, 7:47 pm   #1
russell_w_b
Dekatron

Default AVO Range-Switch Re-Touching

I wish to endorse wholeheartedly the use of 'Liberon' wax-filler stick for filling in the range positions on the bakelite fascia of an AVO 8 or 9. Following a suggestion in an earlier post on the subject, I (eventually) obtained a 'Liberon' white wax stick to rejuvenate the worn lettering on my AVO 9 Mk II.

Using it couldn't be simpler. A thin sliver is pared off and warmed between finger and thumb, before pressing into the letter recesses. On the larger areas (knob-arrows, movement reversing switch), it can be worked in with the top off a 'Bic'-type ballpoint pen, or similar. The surface is then wiped with a lint-free cloth and - lo! Job done!

Liberon,
New Romney,
Kent.
01797 367555
http://www.liberon.co.uk

Russell W. B.
G4YLI.
Old 2nd Feb 2008, 9:56 pm   #2
Mike Fulton
Pentode

Default Re: AVO Range-Switch Re-Touching

Thanks for the recommendation, I've ordered both white and ivory
Old 3rd Feb 2008, 5:59 pm   #3
Tim
Dekatron

Default Re: AVO Range-Switch Re-Touching

Chinagraph pencil or ordinary wax crayon works well too.