UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 16th Jan 2008, 8:41 pm   #1
telstar
Octode

Default Philips 206a I.F.T problems

Hi. I have a Philips 206A radio which had suffered from damaged I.F transformers (the cores and formers were damaged by previous repairers). I managed to obtain some replacement transformers, but the problem was securing them to chassis - they are held in place on chassis by two metal clips (on each transformer), which don't seem to respond very well to pliers, and other tools.
I recently found a tool, which I bought in the Merrion Market in Leeds. It is a carpet tack remover, made by Draper Tools. It is a bit like a flat screwdriver with the middle part taken out, and also curved. I had the tool modified to suit the size of the clips, by grinding it to size. It is a really useful tool for this purpose - I managed to tighten the transformers successfully.
Philips may have made tools for such operations when the set was new, but finding them would be hard to find today
Closed Thread