UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Dec 2010, 3:35 pm   #1
greasylox
Retired Dormant Member

Default 12AT7WA Maximum altitude ratings

Looking through the Tung-Sol data sheet for the 12AT7WA, which is a rugged version of the 12AT7, under the absolute maximum ratings it has a maximum operational altitude of 10,000 feet.

I really can't work out why this would be the case, and if the regular version has a lower altitude rating.

The thing that really bugs me is why, is it something to do with envelope cooling by air convection? Thinner air meaning less efficient cooling.

It's not a concern with the project at hand, but I never heard of an altitude rating for valves before!
Old 19th Dec 2010, 3:40 pm   #2
yesnaby
Octode

Default Re: 12AT7WA Maximum alititude ratings

Hello,

Somewhat OT, but my colour laser printer has an altitude adjustment!

Michael
Old 19th Dec 2010, 3:52 pm   #3
AlanBeckett
Rest in Peace

Default Re: 12AT7WA Maximum alititude ratings

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=59860
Alan
Closed Thread