UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Dec 2012, 10:08 pm   #1
Entellus
Retired Dormant Member

Unhappy where did my post go to?

I see that my post has been moved, but where to?
Old 19th Dec 2012, 10:14 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: where did my post go to?

Ask a moderator by Private Message

Sometimes posts are moved to a more appropriate section, quarantined pending moderator discussions if they fall foul of the Rules, or simply deleted altogether if you're a repeat offender and/or the mods had a hard day.

Nick.
Old 19th Dec 2012, 10:27 pm   #3
GrimJosef
Dekatron

If you click on your name, at the top of the panel on the left hand side of your posting, one of the drop-down menu options is 'Find More Posts by Entellus'. Clicking on that will take you to your posts and if you then click on the one you're interested in you can check at the top of its page where it's now residing. If it's missing then either the list of posts isn't quite up to date yet or the powers that be have taken exception to it and you'll need to PM one of them as Nick suggests.

Cheers,

GJ
Old 19th Dec 2012, 11:47 pm   #4

Happens to me occasionally, I put it down to the moderators de-ranting (or de-something) me, a good thing, it keeps this forum the good quality it is. If it was just my thoughts some of it would be a load of rubbish. The mods (bless them) do reply to queries explaining why. I wouldn't have it any other way.

MM

Old 20th Dec 2012, 11:40 pm   #5
Entellus
Retired Dormant Member

Thank you everybody, I was not sure what happened. I think it was a reasonable post, I was not raving wildly about anything. However I see that I have been promoted and am no longer a humble Diode! Triode no less!

Thanks again.
Old 21st Dec 2012, 12:03 pm   #6
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJosef View Post
If you click on your name, at the top of the panel on the left hand side of your posting, one of the drop-down menu options is 'Find More Posts by Entellus'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entellus View Post
Thank you everybody, I was not sure what happened. I think it was a reasonable post,
This one?
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 6:22 pm   #7
TrevorG3VLF
Rest in Peace

I have had posts disappear also. This is particularly galling when I have spent a considerable time composing them. Initially I thought it was because I had omitted to press the Post button but do not think this is the case now.
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 8:56 pm   #8
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Occasionally, one can press the Post button, then the software "hangs" and you get a message along the lines of "Internet Explorer cannot display this page". Your post is then lost.

As you say, this is most irritating with a long post, but that's life. It pays to select all then copy before pressing Post so if it all goes wrong, you can paste it back and try again.

Don't forget that if you use your browser's Back button, you will see the thread as it was before your post was added. Refresh to see its most up-to-date version.

Nick
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 12:48 am   #9
AC/HL
Dekatron

I have lost a couple of posts in the past too, but it was too quick for anyone to have read and deleted so I put it down to a hiccup somewhere.
One I redid and it was OK, one I rethought and abandoned!
Closed Thread