UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Sep 2020, 12:20 pm   #1
clarisso11
Diode

Default Watkins Copicat MK3 Bypass and Tension

Hi everyone,

Over the last weeks I've been working on repairing a Watkins Copicat MK3 tape delay, with some success. I think it's mostly repaired, but I was hoping to get some insight from experienced users for two remaining problems:

1. Bypass: At the moment, none of the guitar signal is coming through, unless the effect is engaged. Is this how the machine is supposed to work?
I should say that my unit has been modded in the past, with Input 2 converted to output, and a footswitch jack added.

2. Tension: Currently there is a lot of modulation going on with the delays, but the delays sound normal if I manually increase tape tension by pushing the tension arm out.
I have tried new tapes and adjusting the arm on the inside vs the arm on top, hoping to increase the pull of the spring.
Is this simply a case of replacing the spring, or a problem with tape length, or something else entirely?

Many thanks!
Closed Thread