UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Dec 2017, 7:23 am   #41
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: Tektronix 545 Oscilloscope fault

Several folk have linked the manual throughout the thread which has the schematics in.

There's a CA on ebay at present though it's not cheap. I have two CA plugin's and thought of asking you about swopping one for your D type. Not 100% convinced I'd use a differential plugin though. If you had a 1A7 though or similar....

Andy.
Old 5th Feb 2018, 8:32 pm   #42
ljdavek
Tetrode

Red face Re: Tektronix 545 Oscilloscope fault

Hi all hope is well??... I now have a CA plug in for the scope but I don't think it's right!! Are they easy to fix? Took some photos hope they uploaded the signal was straight out of a signal generator...
Oh forgot to say the B Chanel seems dead any ideas?

Dave...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9956.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	156808   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9957.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	156809   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9959.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	156810   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9960.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	156811  
Old 8th Feb 2018, 7:01 pm   #43
6AL5W-Martin
Hexode

Default Re: Tektronix 545 Oscilloscope fault

hello Dave,

CA is a load of 15 valves, one of them will be the problem, mostly.
You will begin by swapping tubes, it have mostly more then one from each type. So you can watch for differents on the screen and identify the problem. Better is a tube tester if you have that.
The heating in CA is connected in series to 150mA load on DC +100V. I think there is one or 2 tubes outside from the slot also connected, they are 12V types ( mostly 12AL5 or 12AU6) in the scope self, in the chassis what can be clapped out. When one of them is defect in heater something in the CA will be dark also.

greetings
Martin