UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jul 2012, 3:49 pm   #1
ChrisCwmbran
Retired Dormant Member

Default Computer Collection in Wales

Hi all,

My name is Chris, I am from Cwmbran in what was previously known as Gwent. I have a large collection of computers probably 100 or more in number ranging from the Sinclair ZX81 through to an IBM PC/AT and various Atari/Commodore 16bit machines.

From my work background I've done lots of programming, and repaired 100s of computers, but only via a process of working out what device or board is defective and replacing it (by warranty if appropriate).

Unfortunately for several years my collection of old computers was stored at a location where I couldn't view it and laterly the collection spent an amount of time in a storage container where moisture and temperature have taken it's toll.

I'm looking ideally for someone in the South Wales area who would be prepared to mentor me through learning the hardware fault finding processes at an electronics level. Back in the day I did and passed O level electronics, and I have bought myself various bits of electronics kit/diagnostic equipment such as a decent soldering iron, desolderer, and a 60mhz dual channel scope.

Some of the guys on the Vintage Computer Forum have been helping but with them being based in the US, and hugely different time zones etc, its very difficult to proceed.

I've started documenting my site at http://www.micromuseum.co.uk . Please feel free to drop by and comment. You'll see in the "Museum Blog" the kind of things I've been trying to do.

If you think you can help, please let me know. I'm finding things a little fustrating at the moment - I learn quickly and have time to put into my computers but for those with issues I need guidance on how to find the faults

Thank you for taking the time to read this. The forum looks great and I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Regards,

Chris.
Old 11th Jul 2012, 6:42 pm   #2
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Computer Collection in Wales

Chris, Welcome -

Unfortunately you're on the other side of the country from me, but I hope you'll find a friendly helper a little closer to where you are based.
Closed Thread