UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 28th May 2012, 7:26 pm   #1
Andy - G8MNM
Hexode

Default Computer Haul!

Hi,

Today I had a request from another work colleague to help him pick up a load of old computers from a Primary School which they had half buried in an outside wooden storage shed.
Mostly these are old RM computers which ran WIN 98. On removing all the junk that was on top of the computers I discovered a load of Acorn computers!
I took all those along with keyboards and monitors and left the old PCs to my colleague to take away for disposal!
Final tally two BBC Masters - both work, but only one monitor and set of disk drives between them.
One Archimedes A 7000 which doesn't seem to work.
Four Archimedes A400 - I have just tested one and it seems to work fine.
Only 3 keyboards and one mouse between them.
Don't know what I am going to do with them all as I don't have room for all of them - the rest are still in the back of the car!

Andy

https://www.lushanda.com/
Old 29th May 2012, 9:04 pm   #2
Zelandeth
Heptode

Default Re: Computer Haul!

Oooh, nice haul. A400s are pretty early beasts too - have only ever come across one when I had to put together a replacement PSU for a friend with one. A7000 has been on my wish list for a long while. (Along with the RiscPC) Sure you'll get it up and running! They always seemed to be pretty sturdy machines at the time.

Have one A4000 and a handful of A3000s here, but have always fancied something a bit more upgradeable and capable like the 7000.

If you do decide you're too short on space for them sure you'll find a home for them with someone on here!

While at the time I was always more of an Amiga man than Acorn I've come to enjoy the Acorns a lot as well - Each platform has its own individual charm.

Last edited by Zelandeth; 29th May 2012 at 9:20 pm. Reason: Corrected error
Old 30th May 2012, 1:03 am   #3
Zelandeth
Heptode

Default Re: Computer Haul!

Edit to my edit - mine is actually an A5000 - which is what I typed in the first place. Having one of thise days!
Closed Thread