UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Aug 2019, 4:18 pm   #1
Studio263
Octode

Default R+TV S Red Books

Radio And Television Servicing books:

1965 > 1966
1966 > 1967 (last year with no colour sets)
1973 > 1974
1976 > 1977

Free if you send a suitable stamped addressed envelope. PM me if you would like any of them.
Old 16th Aug 2019, 4:34 pm   #2
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Re: R+TV S Red Books

PM sent re 1976-> 1977 volume
Old 16th Aug 2019, 9:49 pm   #3
Techman
Dekatron

I sent you a PM earlier today regarding the first two volumes in your above list. I didn't quite understand what you meant regarding an SAE as this would hardly be adequate for postal or the cost thereof. Apologies if I've misunderstood what you meant.
Old 16th Aug 2019, 10:10 pm   #4
Techman
Dekatron

Re, my last post, I didn't spot that you'd sent me a reply PM until just now, so I'll get that sorted. Many thanks.
Old 23rd Aug 2019, 11:34 am   #5
Studio263
Octode

1965 > 1966, 1966 > 1967 and 1973 > 1974 still available if anyone is interested. Same terms, PM me if you'd like any of them.
Old 23rd Aug 2019, 1:11 pm   #6
Bobdger
Pentode

1973 > 1974 Is it still available, please advise cost of postage.
many thanks.
Bob
Old 23rd Aug 2019, 1:16 pm   #7
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Maybe the SAE is a padded envelope.
Old 23rd Aug 2019, 4:49 pm   #8
Herald1360
Dekatron

The size will be a small parcel, so perhaps a SASP would be the term......

You'd need to flat pack it to keep the outward postage down to large letter.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 23rd Aug 2019, 5:59 pm   #9
Techman
Dekatron

Yes, I have to admit that the ‘SAE’ thing confused me at first. I contacted the OP via PM and he told me that I would need to send either one large or possibly two jiffy bags, one for each book that I’d shown an interest in – I think that one for each book would probably be better than putting two books together in one large bag. I don’t think the OP has any packing materials and also no means of weighing the books, as he told me to weigh one of the books that I’ve already got in my set and supply enough stamps onto the packages to cover the weight of the books (and obviously the packages themselves), probably a bit more just in case. However, looking at the books that I’ve already got in my set, I notice that there is some considerable differences in the sizes of the books year by year, so a bit of guess work would be involved.

As I’m out in a village with no local post office any more (the one in the village closed for good a few months ago and the one a couple of villages away closed a year or two back), I don’t have the means to readily obtain packaging of this sort and be able to post large packages. My local post box is one of those small red painted cast iron things clamped to a post and I realised that two larger jiffy bags folded up inside another jiffy bag probably wouldn’t fit through its slot, and probably wouldn’t fit through the slot of one of the larger pillar boxes and may jam in the top and cause a problem for other folks trying to post letters after me. I was hoping to find some old used jiffy bags up in the loft, but unfortunately didn’t. I’d been hoping to come up with a solution to the problem all week, but unfortunately so far, I haven’t been able to.

So, it looks like I’ll have to forgo the generous offer of these free books, as for me personally it’s just too much trouble. If I’d realised what was involved, I wouldn’t have stepped forward for them in the first place. I’m sure that other members who have the necessary facilities close by will be able to offer the books a good home. One thing I forgot to ask, and the OP hasn’t said, is what condition are the books in, although that question would seem a little rude considering that the books are being offered free of charge.

If I happen to come up with a solution to the problem and the two books haven’t found a home, then I may still be up for them, but for the time being they’re still up for grabs from anyone who wants to weigh a book and send the packaging with the appropriate stamps.

I hope the above has clarified things for any other interested parties.
Old 23rd Aug 2019, 9:46 pm   #10
Herald1360
Dekatron

Some weights:

1965/6 1008g
1966/7 964g

combined and wrapped in strong brown paper they would just creep under the 2nd class small parcel limit of 2kg for 3-00.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 24th Aug 2019, 9:23 am   #11
captainpugwash
Hexode

Good morning Herald,
Thank you for the weights and packaging suggestions.
I have sent a pm to the OP to check if that is ok for the two volumes you weighed.
Kind regards,
David
Old 29th Aug 2019, 3:16 pm   #12
Studio263
Octode

For those who understand the postal system and can afford to buy stamps, 1965 > 1966, 1966 > 1967 and 1973 > 1974 are still available. I'll leave it a week or so before they go in the bin.
Closed Thread