UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 16th Oct 2012, 1:03 am   #1
jonboysez
Retired Dormant Member

Default Ericofon - North Electric Ohio version

Hi anyone had success at wiring this version of Ericofon to work in the UK? I am using the original US line cord (cut off the original plug and attached BT plug - from clip end -Yellow, Green, Red, Black). Inside the phone I attached black wire to terminal A, yellow wire to terminal B, and jumper between terminals A and C. I taped the green and red wires. I am getting a dial tone but when I press the plunger in, the dial tone just lowers in volume and doesnt go "on hook". I tried removing the jumper between A and C, and this did make phone go "on hook" when plunger pressed in, but cant get it to ring when phoning it and couldn't dial out (still get dial tone when dialing). The phone was originally wired - red to A, green to B, and yellow to C. This phone has a long circuit board attached that goes right up inside the phone towards the earphone - this is the ringer I believe?
Old 16th Oct 2012, 10:08 am   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: Ericofon - North Electric Ohio version

Have a look at http://www.ericofon.com/work/wire.htm to see whether you can pick up any clues. It certainly helped with my Ericofons, not that I have the one with electronic ringer that you appear to be describing.
Old 16th Oct 2012, 12:25 pm   #3
jonboysez
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Ericofon - North Electric Ohio version

Yes, that's where I looked to rewire it. I picked this phone up along with another old PTT variant (Standard Bell Manufacture) phone - looks like someone was offloading their scrappers as I can't get either to work!
Closed Thread