UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Mar 2016, 12:39 am   #1
audiomagpie
Heptode

Default Harpenden Auction/Swapmeet/AGM 6th March

The BVWS Spring Auction, Swapmeet and AGM takes place this coming Sunday 6th March at Harpenden Public Halls, see: http://www.bvws.org.uk/events/locations.php for times and directions.

Many stalls, the Bring & Buy table, BVWS AGM in the side hall at 12pm, auction to start afterwards, about 1pm, with approx. 300 odd lots!

You will find a huge selection of vintage goodies, including radio, TV, audio/hifi, communications, spares, valves, test gear, service manuals, ephemera, books and much more!

Plus the BVWS table with all the Capacitor values that you need for vintage gear, plus Deoxit, Bulletin back issues and publications/DVD's.

ALL ARE WELCOME, if you're not a member, you can come in as a guest and see what we're all about! You can even take the plunge and join on the day (You'll need to be a member to bid in the auction)

Hot and cold refreshments served throughout the day!

See you there!

BVWS committee chairman
Old 3rd Mar 2016, 5:11 pm   #2
slidertogrid
Octode

Default Re: Harpenden Auction/Swapmeet/AGM 6th March

Looking forward to it! Is there a list this time for the auction lots, does anyone know?
Rich.
Old 4th Mar 2016, 1:09 am   #3
murphymad
Heptode

Hi All,

There will be an auction catalogue, but I am still working on it.

The auction lotting and then loading of the van requires decent weather as it is done partly outside.
The weather here in Devizes has been horrid for the last few days and this has slowed me down greatly.
I should finish it all tomorrow so I will get the catalogue off to Paul as soon as it is complete.

Mike...
Old 4th Mar 2016, 10:31 pm   #4
johnmarshmanagain
Pentode

Hi all.

At t'Northern do there's been a stand run by Dave M in aid of the museum. Is there an equiv at Harpo? A chance to lose some sets.

JM
Old 4th Mar 2016, 11:29 pm   #5
Paul Stenning
Administrator

The catalogue for Sunday is attached, and will be on the BVWS website in the next few minutes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Harpenden Auction March 2016.pdf (42.8 KB, 322 views)

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 4th Mar 2016, 11:31 pm   #6
murphymad
Heptode

John,

There is the usual Bring & Buy stall at Harpenden to raise money for the Museum.

The auction Catalogue has now been sent off so it will appear here when Paul gets time to make it available.

Mike...
Old 4th Mar 2016, 11:57 pm   #7
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I beat Mike to it for once! The catalogue is in post #5.

Paul Stenning
Old 5th Mar 2016, 12:15 pm   #8
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Good morning,
Would anyone be interested in a Sailor ships transmitter with 4 6146 valves as I am hoping to put it on the B+B stall and it is a rather heavy beast to move

Christopher Capener
Old 6th Mar 2016, 6:43 pm   #9
Pamphonica
Nonode

Many thanks as usual to the very hard-working BVWS team for a well-organised Harpenden event (you know who you are!).

The Bring & Buy raised £500 for the Wireless Museum which a wonderful result. Many thanks to all who participated. The donations were very generous today and helped that total significantly.

Jeremy
Old 6th Mar 2016, 10:50 pm   #10
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Yes, it was a good day, thank you to everyone who came along and took part in any way.

We were a bit concerned about the numbers just before the auction, with only 64 bidding cards issued, but almost everything sold at similar prices to other recent auctions. Mike got through the auction at a cracking rate too - at one point Jim timed him at 3 lots per minute (admittedly they were £5-£10 lots though).

I have been somewhat under the weather for the last few days which is why I only helped on stage for the later part of the auction this time.

Excellent news on the museum donations, Jeremy. The donations table did seem to be especially full this time, and I'm pleased it turned into cash.

Paul Stenning
Old 8th Mar 2016, 7:36 pm   #11
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Yes thanks for stepping in Paul, I had to sit out towards the end as my back started to give me a bit of jip.

Things certainly rattled on at a fair rate and prices were reasonable in general too. I didn't buy anything but I did sell a couple of lots, I did feel guilty having to leave early to get back for other arrangements though as it meant I wasn't around to dish out the gear at the end!

Cheers