UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 18th May 2018, 8:35 am   #1
slidertogrid
Heptode

Default Murphy astra

Has anyone got a spare sync panel for a Murphy Astra they would part with? I am willing to pay a fair price plus postage. A long shot I know...
I recently bought one after wanting one for years and find that the panel is missing, photos of the set are in a thread the TV section.
I would be really pleased if someone could help.

Rich.
slidertogrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 9:00 am   #2
dazzlevision
Octode

Default Re: Murphy astra

I should have a brand new one. I'll check and get back to you.

However, please note that you will almost certainly have to replace some of the components with modern ones, as they will have deteriorated with the passage of time. There was also a mod published by Rank Bush Murphy to eliminate "line foldover" at the left hand edge of the picture (on 625) when the set had a UHF converter fitted - if my memory is correct!
dazzlevision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 10:44 am   #3
slidertogrid
Heptode

Wow ! Excellent news! I would really appreciate it if you do have one. I don't mind replacing components at all.
Please Pm me with cost if you do have one.
Regards
Rich.
slidertogrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 10:57 am   #4
dazzlevision
Octode

I may well also have a new old stock heater chain mains dropper to replace the one in your photo that has had an o/c section bridged with what looks like a couple of Radiospares 5 Watt wirewound resistors. Let me know if you want one and the Murphy part number marked on it (a five figure numeric code, IIRC).
Old 18th May 2018, 12:14 pm   #5
dazzlevision
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlevision View Post
I may well also have a new old stock heater chain mains dropper to replace the one in your photo that has had an o/c section bridged with what looks like a couple of Radiospares 5 Watt wirewound resistors.
I've looked at my mains droppers list and unfortunately, I don't have this particular one, sorry.

However, mains droppers often appear on Ebay, including these "squashed ellipse" types so loved by Murphy and (at one time) Ferguson (Thorn).
Old 18th May 2018, 12:33 pm   #6
dazzlevision
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidertogrid View Post
Wow ! Excellent news! I would really appreciate it if you do have one. I don't mind replacing components at all.
Please Pm me with cost if you do have one.
Regards
Rich.
Hello Rich,

As you will see on my post in your Astra V859X thread, I have both types of line sync plug-in PCB. The flywheel board is new old stock. I'll PM you in due course.