UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Feb 2020, 1:01 pm   #1
XPModder
Diode

Default Gould 1604 Oscilloscope options

Split from here: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=164075

Thank You all for your help. I have ordered a capacitor now.

I do have a different question now.
I recently got my hands on a gpib-option-pod for this scope and with it I got another pod, that turned out to be a 260 waveform processor. Unfortunately I only got the pod and not the wired remote for this waveform processor. I found some documentation about it and schematics for the pod and the remote here on the forum. With these informations I made a schematic and board layout for a remote that just uses small pushbuttons and a microcontroller I have lying around.

On this forum I also found some of the keycodes for the remote, but not all of them.
Somewhere in the manual for the scope it mentions that they just use regular uart for the communication and it looks like they just left out the rx line from the remote, because that is only supposed to send data.

So if anyone here has one of these remotes, could you read the codes for the keys on the remote and send them to me?

If someone is interested I can also share my board layout and schematic for this.

Florian
Old 29th Feb 2020, 3:16 pm   #2
XPModder
Diode

Default Re: Gould 1604 Oscilloscope options

Just as a quick addition:

Here is a link to the other thread with the data on these waveform processors.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...t=46501&page=3

All I have right now are the codes in the word documents in the first post on that page.Basically if these are correct I am now missing the codes for the number keys 0-9 and the Wait/Plot key.
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 12:47 pm   #3
Electrical
Hexode

Hello Florian
Please find attached PDF copies of the diagrams of the Gould 260 Waveform Processor keypad and pod. Also a pdf copy of the keyboard controller chip as used in the the keypad. If you check the cross points of the numerical keys as used in the keypad to the pins on the keyboard controller chip, using the truth tables for the keyboard controller you will be able to work out the codes.
Using the keypad test on the scope, will not test the numerical keys as they have other functions.
You could try sending Simon (Scirturbo) a PM (Private Message) and I am sure he will be more than willing to help you.
Regards Stan.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gould 260 Waveform Processor Diagrams.pdf (96.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: pdf KR9602datasheet[1].pdf (743.6 KB, 50 views)
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 9:39 pm   #4
XPModder
Diode

Thank You for your answer!
I will take a look at these documents and I will also try to contact Scirturbo.
I will post in the next days about my progress.
Hopefully I can get this running...

Florian
Closed Thread